Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pilot Light

Hello to any loyal followers who still check to see if I've posted anything, even though I haven't posted anything for a very long time.  I've got some updates I'm going to make in the near future, including this poem I wrote tonight:

Pilot Light

I am diminished.
The greatness in me has faded to a flicker
Like the pilot light of a great furnace:
When not needed, it is quiet
And forgotten .

Yet cold creeps in
And soon the furnace will be needed once more.
A fire will blaze once again from its depths,
The sleeping giant will be awoken
To combat the winter's bite.

And so it begins:
The fuel pours into my soul,
A fire ignites and the cobwebs are burned away.
The furnace groans as it remembers its purpose.
The light in my eyes returns.

Give me a direction;
A purpose for the flame inside.
Alone in the darkness my flame is futile.
Bring close the cold so they may be warm;
So they too may be renewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment